As Senior Vice President & Managing Director at TriVista, Brenda brings over 30 years of experience in General Management, Engineering, and Operations. She is a renowned global leader with extensive international experience, having run businesses in 17 different countries including most of Europe and Asia.
In addition to working across numerous industrial market segments, Brenda serves as TriVista’s Global Head of Aerospace & Defense and leads our A&D transaction advisory group. She also leads TriVista’s Lean New Product Development practice, assisting companies with implementing a proven process and structure that delivers improved ROI on R&D spend. By building the necessary foundation, Brenda has helped several TriVista clients achieve rapid and sustainable topline growth through innovation and portfolio management best practices.
Prior to joining TriVista, Brenda spent 25 years in executive leadership roles at ITT Corporation, most recently as Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. At ITT, Brenda helped usher Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Integrated Product Development and other commercial best practices, first within her own plants and businesses, then corporate wide. Her deep knowledge and experience extends beyond the Aerospace & Defense industry and into the Industrial, Automotive, and Consumer space where she has led numerous impactful client engagements.
Brenda’s industry experience includes:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Goods
- Electronics (Systems and Components)
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Medical Devices
Throughout her career, Brenda has gained extensive P&L and Operational experience, having run Operations and Engineering for several large multinational Aerospace & Defense business units for ITT Industries, including Military Electronics, Ground Communication Systems, Satellite Imagery, GPS, Radar Systems, Electronic Warfare and Commercial Aerospace.
- SVP, CTO & Engineering Director – ITT Corporation
- President, Electronic Components – ITT Corporation
- President, Motion and Flow Control Group – ITT Corporation
- President, Flow Control Group – ITT Corporation
- VP, Dir. Integrated Product Development – ITT Defense
- VP Engineering – ITT Automotive
- VP Operations – ITT Aerospace Communications
- Ohio Northern University – Ada, OH
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Option in Business Management)
- Duke University, Sloan School of Management – Durham, NC
- Executive Leadership Program
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – University of Michigan
Awards & Recognition
- Distinguished Alumni Award – Ohio Northern University College of Engineering
- 2014 Operational Due Diligence Provider of the Year – Acquisition International M&A Awards
- 2013 Middle Market Operations Consulting Firm of the Year, USA – Acquisition International
- English (fluent)
- Italian (basic)
- German (basic)
- French (basic)
- Meggitt Aerospace PLC – Non-Executive Board Director
- Federal Signal Corporation – Board Director, Chair of Comp. Comm.
- Wencor Aerospace LLC – Board Member (prior)
- Missile Defense Agency Tech. Transfer Advisory Council – Member (prior)
- Army Science Board – Board Member (prior)
- 2013 Operating Partners Forum – Private Equity International
- “Building ROI through R&D”
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Trustee – Ohio Northern University
- Longtime Supporter of Covenant House
- Longtime Supporter of Plan International
Personal Interests & Endeavors
When she’s not travelling, you can find Brenda out on the golf course, enjoying music, or gardening.