As Managing Director at TriVista, Gavin brings more than 25 years of experience in corporate strategy, operations, general management, manufacturing, product management, business development, and leadership.
Gavin has extensive international experience in engineering, sales and business development, and an excellent understanding of how global manufacturing corporations function. In his previous position at Johnson Electric, he led cross-functional development teams based in the US, Europe, and Asia, where he managed several product launches into multiple manufacturing locations globally. This included the two year Due Diligence and Post Acquisition Integration of a sizable acquisition target. Throughout this engagement, Gavin managed the relocation of tooling between facilities in China, the creation of two new production lines in both the UK and US, as well as transferring the acquired engineering group to a UK based office.
Gavin’s proven track record of leading customer-focused, cross-functional teams in operational change and business development activities has proven invaluable to TriVista clients.
Gavin specializes in leading and driving operational change and growth strategies within industrial, automotive, and aerospace businesses.
His industry and process expertise includes:
- Industrial Components and Distribution for diverse markets, including
- Electric Metering
- Material Sorting and Handling
- Medical Equipment
- White Goods
- Industrial and Automotive Manufacturing including
- High variety, low volume electro-mechanical assembly
- Focused, high volume electro-mechanical assembly, including manual and fully automated approaches
- Product and Facility Relocations
- Project and Program Management
Prior to joining TriVista, Gavin spent over 25 years with Johnson Electric / Saia-Burgess and Lucas Industries / TRW in North America, Europe, and Asia. Early in his career he ran major operational re-organization projects converting machining and assembly operations into lean, cellular manufacturing sites with significant reductions in cost, lead time, and improvements in quality and delivery compliance. He has successfully turned around and grown a number of product lines, both organically and through product and technology acquisitions. In his most recent position as VP of a $70m global solenoid business, Gavin was directly responsible for P&L, Business Development, and Engineering.
Past positions include:
- Director – Johnson Electric, Solenoid Business Unit
- Vice President Engineering and Innovation – Saia-Burgess
- General Manager, Automotive – Saia-Burgess
- Worcester College, Oxford University – Oxford, UK
- MA in Engineering Science, 1st Class Honors
- University of Phoenix
- MBA in Global Management
- Johnson Electric – Senior Management Course
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Rotary Club, Troy Ohio
Personal Interests & Endeavors
Gavin resides in Troy, Ohio and is an avid photographer. When the weather is warm you can find him on the golf course practicing his swing.