Joseph Abbud applies three decades of experience in operations management to deliver dramatic operational and organizational change to client businesses globally. His extensive experience in China, Europe as well as Central and North America makes him vital to guiding TriVista client successes through his application of complex project management expertise and new methodology development.
By building effective strategies for business development, relationship management and project management, Joseph has orchestrated major transformations and specific change journeys as TriVista’s Footprint & Operational Improvement Champion. His background in engineering continues to influence his ability to develop and foster both existing and new production process and system methodologies that deliver significant results that ripple across the supply chain.
Prior to joining the TriVista team, Joseph held Sr. executive roles leading operations for startups in wind technology and global component manufacturers for the electronics, aerospace, transportation, energy and industrial markets. His background is built on positions that have transformed major enterprises across the globe.
Joseph is a proven leader in Lean Manufacturing, Greenfield Start-ups, Operations Management, and Turnarounds, as well as Factory Consolidations and Relocations. His stellar record of ongoing successes has made him instrumental in delivering operational and organizational change that achieves impact at scale for TriVista clients across industries and continents.
- Medical Products
- Electronics Products
- Truck, Bus, Liquid Trailers & Specialty Vehicles
- Food Processing
- Injection Molding
- Metal Machining
- Vice President of Global Operations – Danotek Motion Technologies
- Vice President of Lean & Continuous Improvement – Bourns Electronics
- Vice President of Rapid Continuous Improvement – Snap-on
- Director – ITT Automotive and Electronics Divisions
- Director of World-Wide Lean Manufacturing – ITT Industries
- Value Based Six Sigma Champion – ITT Industries
- Multi-Plant Director of Operations – ITT Industries
- GM & Plant Manager – Siebe Controls
- BS, Industrial Engineering – Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- MS, Quality Systems – Instituto de Administracion Estrategica, Torreón, México
- Strategic Management-Ashridge Business School
- Financial Management Education-University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Lean Master – Rochester Institute of Technology, ITT Industries, Ford, Shingijutsu Group
Awards & Recognition
- 2013 Award of Excellence – TriVista
- Operational Excellence Award for Innovative Improvement Processes – ITT Industries
- Chairman’s Excellence Award for Top Performance Operation – ITT Industries
- Ring of Quality Award for Top Military Project Improvement- ITT Industries
- Spanish (Fluent)
- University of Michigan – Advisory Board Member
- Engineers in the M&A World-University of Michigan
- Ashridge College Class Representative and Speaker – U.K.
- Best Practices Symposium Presenter – ITT Industries
- North America Wind Power Forum Speaker – Detroit, MI
- Alternative Energy Forum Speaker – University of Michigan
Personal Interests & Endeavors
When not traveling, you can find Joseph camping off terrain with his wife, two daughters, and their jeeps. He also enjoys playing guitar, and is an avid golfer participating in tournaments whenever possible with a 4 handicap. In addition to golf, Joseph is an accomplished tennis player having received a college scholarship and ranked #6 by the Middle Illinois Tennis Association.