Technology and Cybersecurity Due Diligence
Our technology and cybersecurity due diligence offering isn’t a “check the box” exercise – our industry experts help clients understand how technology is (or isn’t) enabling business performance.
How we help clients
We help clients determine how well a target acquisition is enabled by technology, and substantiate risks and investments required to support their investment thesis across applications and infrastructure. We also support complex mergers to strategically plan and execute system integrations, outline transition service agreements and help devise efficient and effective organizational models to best leverage new and existing technology. Our expert IT due diligence team also collaborates with our operational due diligence teams on many assignments, providing an integrated due diligence capability.
- Is the target at risk for unplanned IT investment?
- Are the applications that support critical business functions scalable?
- Does management have the capability to effectively manage IT costs, and planned investments?
Automation & AI
- Has the target developed a digital transformation strategy to manage their end-to-end operations?
- Is there a structure by which advanced technology is reviewed?
Cybersecurity Due Diligence
- How does the target manage sensitive customer and employee data?
- What critical exposures does the company have to cyberattacks?
- Are incident response capabilities adequate?
Our Engagement Approach
Scoping / Launch
- Identify key dilligence questions and core analysis areas
- Confirm engagement objectives, approach, and expected outputs
- Confirm site visit dates, management access, etc
Data Room Analysis
- Prepare and submit DRL
- Engage with intermediaries
- Perform detailed data room analysis
Management Interviews & Site Visit(s)
- Conduct site and supplier visit(s) as necessary to support scope
- Conduct detailed management interviews
- Create process maps for key value streams
- Benchmarks vs. peers
- Qualify and quantify savings opportunities
- Develop risk mitigation plan(s) and “red flag” report
- Prepare value creation roadmap