A $150M medical equipment company, backed by a prominent private equity firm, recently acquired a large competitor and sought support to integrate the two businesses. TriVista was retained to provide expert consolidation/integration consulting support, advising the CEO and Board of Directors.
TriVista leveraged our extensive experience dealing with complex plant consolidation consulting projects, as well as our extensive experience dealing with regulated medical device products.
- Performed a detailed feasibility analysis of both facilities to include all elements of factory closure, relocation and consolidation/start-up
- Perform detailed cost-benefit analysis
- Robust TFMEA (Transfer Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) analysis process to identify areas of significant risk and develop extensive preventative action plans to mitigate risk
- Program managed consolidation of the manufacturing and supply chains of both facilities
- Delivered $2.7M in EBITDA savings
- Project delivered on time and on budget
- Layout optimization of facility 1 to accommodate production lines from facility 2
- Implemented lean cellular manufacturing, SIOP and material management systems
- Received 90% of start-up costs in economic incentives through local government